Winter weather advisory update
Update: Winter Weather Advisory issued January 16 at 2:35PM EST until January 17 at 5:00PM EST by NWS Binghamton NY
Areas Affected: Wyoming; Luzerne
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of
3 to 5 inches and ice accumulations of a light glaze. Winds
gusting as high as 50 mph above 1500 feet elevation
* WHERE...Luzerne and Wyoming counties.
* WHEN...Until 5 PM EST Monday.
* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning or evening commute. Gusty
winds could bring down tree branches.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...A quick burst of accumulating snow will
occur this evening, but precipitation will change to an icy mix
of sleet, freezing rain, and rain after 11 PM.
Slow down and use caution while traveling.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and Pennsylvania
Turnpike Commission remind motorist to adjust speeds based on
driving conditions as winter weather impacts Pennsylvania
roadways. Visit www.511pa.com for the latest travel, roadways,
and traffic conditions.